Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings


I just picked up the book Stolen Innocence at Costco last night. I am so intrigued by what is going on in the FLDS compounds and the history of those people. I feel so sorry for the women, men and children who have been raised to have this faith and none other. I am not a religious person but very spiritual. I was raised Christian and went to many different types of churches growing up, they all had the same goal and they all believed in one god but each had different rules, regulations and standards not only to get to heaven but to be accepted. I also remember worrying about every little thing I thought and did and wondering if it was right or wrong just as those of the FLDS, thinking I may go to hell for being or believing in one religion or another. Now as I am older and have took interest in studying all religions from Mormonism, Buddhist, Muslim basically all of them I do not believe in any of them soley. I feel they all have good and bad and if you narrow it down to the basics they all believe in a higher being. They all also believe in being nice, having respect for elders, and all of the basic morals and praying to the higher being for strength and wisdom. This makes me wonder which one is the right or wrong one, I say they are all right and wrong. I now believe in having faith in what I call God but I do not believe in anyone religion. I also believe in the Bible and what it tells me but it is funny how it tells different religions different things. Anyways enough about that.

This book is excellent no matter what you believe. IT also reminds me that knowledge is power.

1 comment:

Melanie Kym said...

I would love to hear what you think after you finish the book. Looks interesting. I agree with your views as far as religion goes too. All of us here on this earth are only human; therefore, how are any of us to really know what religion is "true?"